Tuesday, January 01, 2002
Feedback

This is from one of my most persistent critics:

I never thought I'd ever say this, but I have to "tip my hat" to you and offer my sincerest congratulations for a well written balanced article. You also did what almost never seems to happen, you offer alternatives! I do ask however, that you indulge me while I make one small observation, you suggest that terrorism will always be with us and that efforts made presumably in Afghanistan will offer only short term benefits.

Allow me to relate a lesson I learned at the US Army Ranger school thirty odd years ago, "kill the head and the body will die" this seems as timely now as it did way back when. To destroy this evil we must go to the source. No doubt what you say is correct as well, we have much work at home to do also.

Again, I say well done.


Quiet Kashmir

It seems that its quieter along the Partition Line for the moment. Let's hope they keep it up. However with my usual dose of pessimism I'd like to address you to a couple of articles in the local press. Firstly from the Pakistani Dawn:

Kashmiri freedom fighters attacked an Indian army convoy in occupied Kashmir on Monday, killing one soldier, while security forces shot dead eight militants in a separate encounter in the south of the troubled state, police and army officials said. [Emphasis mine]

No mention of the word terrorism, but millitants and freedom fighters. And notice the occupied Kashmir.

The Hindustan Times from India:

Five Hindus have been killed by suspected Pakistan-sponsored terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.

Different story, by the way. However notice the Pakistan-sponsored terrorists and Jammu and Kashmir, rather than just Kashmir. The emphasis is rather different. Interestingly both Pakistan and India use the word millitant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive