Thursday, October 31, 2002
I Know It's Off-topic, but I Cannot Sit Back and Watch Britain Become a Laughing-stock.<b> 31st October, 2002.

I note with utter HORROR that Princess Diana is currently top of the 100 Greatest Britons list. I implore you all to go to the B.B.C.'s web-site now & register your vote for a serious candidate -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/greatbritons/

I have just voted for Shakespeare.

You may think the whole thing beneath your notice, but please imagine the hay that Britain-haters will be able to make if a nonentity like Diana tops the list, ahead of great dead white males of the likes of Shakespeare, Newton, Churchill, & Nelson. I can already hear the bleating about how the national consciousness has changed, about how, thanks to feminism, we now consider "compassion" more important than talent or leadership or any kind of achievement; I can already read the columns droning on about how the old heroes no longer count in this new, young, vibrant, multicultural country - I can already feel myself puking. WE CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN. Let's show these scum that Britain still knows herself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive