Wednesday, December 15, 2004
More Important Than Blunkett
Anyone who proposes Identity Cards should have their privacy thoroughly violated, so I have no problem with the attention paid to Blunkett's corrupt little power trips. However, there is a far more important story out there, and that is Turkey's seeming slam dunk of acsession to the EU.
Now in the sense of balance I will prepare a score card.
Turkey is almost a democracy (about as much as Israel and a bit more than Iran), that is if you don't ask the Kurds, Alevi or Islamicists.
Having a bigger EU will make it more integrated. Why look at the backwards steps for integration we've made sinve the EU went from nine members to 25. The Euro, the constitution, Amsterdam, Maastricht.
It will somehow be racist to say no.
The second (soon to be first) largest population will be a load of poor Muslims.
These poor Muslims sooner or later will be able to come over here and claim on welfare.
These poor Muslims will have fewer border checks just in case blowing yourself up becomes fashionable in Anatolia.
The average IQ is low so they'll always be poorer.
They're on the border with Armenia, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Azerbaijan.
Oh and they're in spitting distance of Israel and Russia.
They don't exactly have a tradition of liberty.
- Ishtar Talking
- Korea Life Blog
- Academic Secret
- Genius Duck
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Beadle Beads
- Glass Beads Supplies
- Paquet Full of Glass
- Native American Jewelry
- Second String Swap
- Work at Home News
- Click Here
- Click Here
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Dip Dot
- ► 2005 (84)
- Better Late than Never (30.12.2004) Here is a l...
- Current British Tsunami Aid Private effort is p...
- The Autonomous TransDonbass Republic? As the Uk...
- Silent and Witless Peter Mandelson's ties to th...
- Out of the Blue With a natural catastrophe of t...
- The Scotsman features the thoughts of James Brando...
- Just a small article on those who feel that the pr...
- The Independent recently published an article on t...
- Due to the insurgency in Iraq, forecasts of Britis...
- The government announced the closure of 153 sovere...
- More Important Than Blunkett Anyone who propose...
- More on Kievan Rus Two apologies are in order. ...
- The Courts have decided that the Human Rights Act ...
- The unnecessary furore over the deployment of the ...
- Who would trust the government to draft a "simple ...
- The French and German governments have been enthus...
- German Lessons Germany is going to contribute t...
- Beware of the Enemy's Enemy About four times ou...
- In need of heroes There's a bit of a bitch figh...
- I am profoundly thankful that during my formative ...
- ▼ December (21)
- ► 2003 (696)
- ► 2002 (915)