Saturday, August 09, 2003

Nothing to report today



I know there's stuff going on like riots in Basra, but isn't the weather glorious? Let me enjoy it. In the meantime I can but celebrate that Steve Sailer, despite running a web log of sorts for some time has finally got permalinks, so I can link to his pieces.

Like this article on the fall of the Arabists within the Anglo-American foreign policy establishment, sadly the permalinks run out and you have to scroll down for a discussion on Evelyn Waugh's "Scoop" and how well it predicted what would happen to Africa after all the European powers left. Well worth the scroll though.

Further down there is an article on Chesterton and Belloc seeing the importance of Islam when everyone else wrote it off, but as it's also not yet permalinked I'll point you to the blog that he refers to.

But do check back here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive