Thursday, April 15, 2004

What Crisis?



An absolutely brilliant piece by Fred Reed:

Now, as I understand it from the White House itself, it’s all because of three diehard Saddamites, two terrorists, and an outside agitator. Yes. The White House says ninety-nine and forty-four one-hundredths percent of Iraqis love us, and want us to bomb them and invade them, and starve them with embargos, and only a few soreheads don’t like it. And I believe the White House. You can only lie so long before you slip up and tell the truth. I figure they’re about due.

What I think is, those rascally diehards and the outside agitator must be fast. I mean, they get from city to city so quick they make it seem like the whole country wants us to go somewhere else, anywhere else, when really they all love us. If I worked for them Nike shoe people, I believe I’d get those terrorists to sign an advertising contract. Michael Jordan was swift, but compared to these guys he’s a federal program.


Of course now it's dying down it's a victory, whereas before it was No Big Deal.

Anyway I predicted that this would not be the kick off, but that certainly does not mean that there won't be a kick off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive